Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Leisure Centre Saved !


Today I attended a meeting of the council`s Executive Board, where the leisure review was up for a decision. Before the meeting i had been assured that apart from the pool the rest of the centre would be re-designed & refurbished but that the pool was to be closed. I argued for the retention of a pool on the grounds it would be both costly & logisticly difficult for residents of Plas Madoc to swim elsewhere. Also their was no way the council was going to tackle the growing level of obesity by removing a pool from Plas Madoc. The executive Board in their wisdom decided to back my argument and a pool will now be kept at Plas Madoc.
I would like to thank residents of both Plas Madoc and the rest of wrexham county for responding to the leisure review, without you i would have been arguing on my own and it would not have been possible to win the argument.

No comments: